Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Recently i developed a shopping cart application to be integrated to an online shopping demo website.I used J2EE with Weblogic server.The application was designed and developed by me.Tried to conserve MVC design architecture.

When i was developing an online shopping cart application using J2EE, the details of all items purchased by the customer had to be saved into the database.

The problem was that i was designing my DB in MS Access or Sybase back then.These dont support object storage.But i had to store the order given by a customer wholly into one coloumn in a table of the database. So I had to deal with it somehow.

i came around the problem with an unorthodox approach.I just stored the information about the items purchased as a string code that could be decoded to regain info from that data.That helped me store all the purchase information in one particular coloumn of the table! :)

No comments:

Linux Tips and Tricks

  Helpful Tips and Tricks for Linuxbies Disclaimer :  I came upon these tips and tricks on the Internet searching for solutions to the probl...